Highly-proven, rumen protected bypass fat (Calcium Salt of Palm Fatty Acids) for improved production efficiency.
Bypass fat is a source of energy for when the cow needs it most. Milk production and fertility.
Research has proven that two types of fat is mainly needed:
- C16:0 – Palmitic Acid (a Saturated Fat)
- C18:1 – Oleic Acid (an Unsaturated Fat)
Megalac provides a perfect balance between C16:0 (milk production) and C18:1 (body condition and fertility improvement).
And being a rumen protected bypass, won’t interfere with fibre digestion.
High Energy Density
- ME = 33.3 MJ/kg DM
- 2.5 times to ME concentration of cereals
- Highest measured NEL = 27.3 MJ/kg DM
- More energy per bite
- Energy used very efficiently for milk production
- Over 90% from research studies
- 45% unsaturated fatty acids
- Fat & energy available for use by the cow
Increased Milk Production (25 trials)
- Milk yield response = +2.3kg/cow/day
- MS response = +80g/day in first 150 days
Improved Feed Efficiency
- More milk produced per kg DM intake
- Higher returns from the herd
Improved Rumen Function
- Reduces acidosis risk in the rumen
- More favourable conditions for growth or fibre-digesting bacteria
Reduced Methane Production
- Over 13% less methane produced per kg milk = more efficient production
- Less dietary energy lost as methane
- Improvement in 1st service conception, 100-day in-calf rates and not-in-calf rates
- Increased diet energy density targeted to reduce body condition loss, time to oestrous and improved conception rate
- Increases follicle size to improve chances of pregnancy
- Increased production of progesterone to improve embryo survival
Feed between 0.2 to 0.5 kg/c/d.