Nutrinza Limited, is the sole importer of Blossom Hi Spec Calf Milk Replacer.
Blossom Hi Spec holds the largest market share in Ireland, England, Norway and Scandinavia.
The one-bag product, dissolves very easily in cold or warm water (not above 40C).
The nutritional specs.:
- 25% Protein
- 17% Fat
- 46% Sugars
- 19.6 MJ ME/kg powder
Based on a (Jan - Jun 2020) Waikato / BOP delivered on farm price and a $7.30/KG MS forecast payout, Blossom Hi Spec is 25% more cost effective than taking milk out the vat.
There are much bigger benefits, other than a possible financial advantage.
The protein in Blossom Hi Spec is ultra-filtrated whey protein (which is the major protein found in colostrum) which is not heat-treated. It therefore retains the original molecular structure and consequently is much easier to digest than conventional heat-treated product (be it casein or whey-based).
Most immunoglobulins (“antibodies”) and other bio-active compounds are still intact and active, again as opposed to heat-treated product. This means the gut is well protected from bacterial, viral and protozoal diseases; more so than with fresh milk or conventional CMR’s.
The product is higher in protein than in fat by design; the aim is to get fast, lean growth rather than fat deposition. Fat deposition in immature udders leads to lower production levels as heifers and adults and this is for life.
We’ve had a good number of clients use Blossom Hi Spec over the last two years and we can confirm we do seem to get fast, lean growth (around 1 kg BWG per day) with calves achieving high skeletal growth.
Blossom Hi Spec is ideal for once-a-day, twice-a-day, ad-lib feeding or robotic-calf feeding
Blossom Hi Spec use the Imunopro ® process to concentrate the proteins, fat and sugar components, using it as a base for the product formulation
Blossom Hi Spec includes the full range of vitamins and minerals required by growing calves
- The Nutry-Lyst ™ health supplement is added
- for improved gut performance
- nutrient absorption
- reduced risk of diarrhoea
- Blossom Hi Spec has added butyrate to drive
- gut blood flow and villi growth
- promote water absorption and
- stimulate enzyme secretion
….. for improved digestive performance
Blossom Hi Spec has a shelf life of 15 months.
For twice a day feeding start off with Blossom Hi Spec at 2 litres per feed, fed twice a day (2 x 2L) = 600g of CMR based on the 150g (mixed in 850ml water) feeding rate.
Increase this from Day 6 to get to 6L/day by day 19 (this will be equivalent to 900g CMR per calf per day).
Based on this feeding regime the kg/calf required is:
- Day 1 - 3: Colostrum
- Day 4 – 7: 4 days x 750g/day = 3kg
- Day 8 – 35: 28 days x 900g = 25.2kg
- Day 36 – 49: Day 36: 750g/day for 14 days. 14 x 750g = 10.5kg
- Day 50 – 56: Once-a-day feeding. 375g for 7 days. 7 x 375g = 2.625g
- Total: Approx. 41.3kg based on the 900g/calf/day approach (Refer to feeding graph below)
The Mixing Rate:
- Add 150 gr Blossom Hi Spec to 850 ml of water to give you 1 L of made-up product
- Mix 165 gr of Blossom Hi Spec to 1000 ml of water
- Cold or warm (not above 40°C )
- 20 KG Blossom makes 133 L of milk